As an agronomist in Iowa with Maschhoff Environmental Inc., Bohl Bormann helps swine producers with manure management planning and environmental compliance. “I enjoy working with farmers, and the variety and challenges the position brings,” she says. In her spare time, Bohl Bormann is a farmer herself. She and her husband farm 1,100 acres of corn, soybeans and alfalfa hay along with raising and marketing about 1,500 hogs per year.
- Want to see more wildlife? Relax and let nature do the yard work
- Researchers look to natural sources for organic meat preservatives
- Potato industry helps create new professorship to lead UW's potato breeding program
- Podcals: Robots find a home on Wisconsin dairy farms - Audio
- Researchers unearth bioenergy potential in leaf-cutter ant communities