If you’re tired of the weather (who wouldn’t be) and scenery in Madison, take a virtual trip to Iceland to see what Claudio Gratton, associate professor of entomology, and other faculty, staff and students from CALS and elsewhere on campus are up to. The Smidge of Midge blog documents their research related to fluctuating populations of midges and their role in the ecosystem of Lake Mývatn.
- Standouts in their field: Three UW dairy science faculty receive awards
- Tricking plants to see the light may control the most important twitch on Earth
- Natalia de Leon breeds corn on the cutting edge of biofuel research
- Because they’re tough to spot, deer tick nymphs transmit disease more than adults
- Readying communities for rising seas