If you’re tired of the weather (who wouldn’t be) and scenery in Madison, take a virtual trip to Iceland to see what Claudio Gratton, associate professor of entomology, and other faculty, staff and students from CALS and elsewhere on campus are up to. The Smidge of Midge blog documents their research related to fluctuating populations of midges and their role in the ecosystem of Lake Mývatn.
- UW to close Madison Soil and Plant Analysis Laboratory and consolidate services at Marshfield
- Hunger and poverty in Wisconsin, county by county
- Two CALS research teams win WARF Innovation Awards
- Wisconsin’s new ‘bug guy,’ insect detective arrives on campus
- When the isthmus is an island: Madison’s hottest, and coldest, spots