As an agronomist in Iowa with Maschhoff Environmental Inc., Bohl Bormann helps swine producers with manure management planning and environmental compliance. “I enjoy working with farmers, and the variety and challenges the position brings,” she says. In her spare time, Bohl Bormann is a farmer herself. She and her husband farm 1,100 acres of corn, soybeans and alfalfa hay along with raising and marketing about 1,500 hogs per year.
- Natalia de Leon breeds corn on the cutting edge of biofuel research
- Because they’re tough to spot, deer tick nymphs transmit disease more than adults
- Readying communities for rising seas
- Family of UW dairy scientist makes $775,000 gift to support the student teams he used to coach
- Jessie Potterton named director of UW-Madison Farm and Industry Short Course